Thursday 8 May 2014

Excited for DOC ness

I tried pretty hard to come up with a good title for the blog post but I thought this one does a pretty solid job with how I'm feeling...

Excited! There's a few D things happening this month that I am excited to take part in. The first is Diabetes Blog Week 2014 hosted by Karen over at Bittersweet. This will be the first time I've taken part and I'm excited about that as well as slightly nervous. I'm already signed up and have checked out the topics!

The second thing is the Diabetes Hope Conference. Being from New Zealand there isn't always the opportunity to be involved in conferences and what not. However this one is online! Without a second thought I signed up. Then I figured out it's on 5am NZ time! Ugh. But the wheels were turning in my head... and so a plan for bacon, eggs and coffee was formed! I'm also going to ask my other half if he can hook my computer up to our giant TV so I can watch on a big screen. The best part? A d friend of mine is staying over the night beforehand so I'll have a companion!

The third thing isn't an event or conference. It is a resolution for my involvement in the DOC to be more active and less passive. I'm doing this by tweeting more and finding more people to follow. I'm also on the hunt for more D Blogs - if you have one and want a follower then let me know! I discovered the DOC about 3 years ago and a lot of the blogs I'm signed up to aren't active any more!

Pretty excited right now! Though, I'm sure that was obvious by the amount of exclamation marks in this post..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.