Saturday 2 November 2013

Diabetes Awareness Month Photo A Day - Check

Day 2: Check

For the first time since being connected to the pump 20 days ago, I woke up and my pump was not attached to me. The tubing had come attached from the cartridge. Detective work tells me that when I changed the cartridge the night before I must not have screwed the tubing in tight enough. So when I woke up to use the bathroom - I freaked out not seeing it attached! I check my blood sugar (what feels like) all day every day but this moment was definitely a freaking time to check!


Blood Sugar at 17.7 mmol/l (319 mg/dl) and Blood Ketones at 1.1 - my body was in need of some insulin!

The ketones worked their way out of my system and my blood sugar came down into normal range - I am so glad I have these pieces of technology in my Diabetes tool kit. 

0 comments: